The best way to get to know York University is to experience it. We offer weekly on-campus tours and during Fall Campus Day (November) and Spring Open House (April) we throw open our doors to prospective students and their families for a peek at all our facilities and a chance to speak with current students, professors and admissions experts.
What we’re known for...
York University is helping to shape the global thinkers and thinking that will define tomorrow. York’s unwavering commitment to excellence reflects a rich diversity of perspectives and a strong sense of social responsibility that sets us apart. A York University degree empowers graduates to thrive in the world and achieve their life goals through a rigorous academic foundation balanced by real-world experiential education. Get to know us, including:
- The Schulich School of Business, Canada’s Global Business School™, ranked 1st among Canadian schools in The Economist.
- Ontario’s only Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Glendon Campus, centre of excellence for French language and bilingual university education in Southern Ontario.
- A growing, modern Keele Campus: Recently opened Life Sciences Building with 50+ new labs; Lassonde School of Engineering Building opening in 2015; the Toronto–Spadina subway extension with two subway stations opening on campus, and the Pan Am and Parapan Am Athletics Stadium.
- Canada’s only space engineering program.
- Home to 27 research centres, ranging from the innovative Centre for Research on Language Contact to the renowned York Institute for Health Research to three new research centres, including the Global Labour Research Centre, the York Centre for Field Robotics and Sensorium: The Centre for Digital Arts and Technology.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, the largest and oldest common-law law school in Canada.
- Canada’s largest liberal arts program.
- 280 partnerships with worldwide universities.
- Global network of 260,000+ alumni.
- 31 Canada Research Chairs
- 19 Active Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada
- 27 Research Centres
- 46 Distinguished Research Professors
- More large-scale partnered projects funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada than any other Canadian university
- Higher Education Strategy Associates ranked York one of the top ten universities in Canada for the impact /relevance of our social sciences and humanities research and our sciences research (2012).