“On behalf of York University, I want to thank you and your son or daughter for considering or choosing York University. York is a global university and our goal is to foster the global thinkers and thought leadership that will define our world, today and tomorrow.
We understand and value your role as a stakeholder and influencer. To that point, we developed this site to keep you informed about key resources, upcoming events and important dates. We know from the literature and our own personal experiences as parents and educators that the transition to University poses challenges. You likely have heard this before but it bears repeating: University is different from high school!”…
Get Involved and Stay Up to Date:
- Sign up for the Parents & Family newsletter – coming soon
- Bookmark this site and explore all the resources it has to offer
Parent & Family Orientation Day
Parent and Family Orientation will take place on Saturday, September 5, 2015. The program starts at 9:30AM and locations will be sent to you upon registration.
Please join us on move-in day for our Parent & Family Orientation Day to learn about the opportunities, services and resources York has for your student. The event will begin with a welcome from President Mamdouh Shoukri and includes a student services information fair, a student play put on by our own Vanier College Productions that showcases the first year experience, as well as an optional session about financial aid.
for Parent & Family Orientation on Saturday, September 5, 2015!
Attendees will also receive information about academic services, social activities, recreational activities, and facilities related to their student’s College which will serve as their ‘home away from home’ while at York.
Bethune, Calumet, Mclaughlin, Stong and Winters College:
- 10-1 pm: Central Orientation – Vari Hall
- 1-4 pm: Lunch/College Orientation – Locations TBA
- 10-1 pm: College Orientation/Lunch – Locations TBA
- 1-4 pm: Central Orientation – Vari Hall
- 1-4 pm: Central Orientation – Vari Hall. * Please note that Founders College will be hosting a Student Success Information Session for Parents on Tues. September 15, 6:00pm. To RSVP please click here : http://www.yorku.ca/founders/orientation.html
- 1-4 pm: Central Orientation – Vari Hall. *Please note that Vanier College will be hosting the College Orientation/Dinner on Wed. September 16, 6:00pm To RSVP please click here.
Glendon Parents’ Orientation
Saturday September 5, 2015
Parents, guardians, and family are an important support for students during their university careers, so we offer this session to connect with them and answer their questions. Topics discussed include financial aid, campus security, orientation, food services, and student life. This session coincides with residence move-in day to allow as many parents as possible to participate. Planning on attending? More information regarding registration here.